Sunday, September 19, 2010

Macaroons by Whisk, Empire Shopping Gallery



Nadal says:

For the price of RM2 each, the size of the macaroons is pretty small and honestly, I'm not IMPRESSED! The macaroons are soft and I think the ones by http://ga-teaux.blogspot.com/ are somewhat crispier despite the extra sweet taste-lah.

The pink macaroon's flavour is Rose and personally I think the taste is like munching on an air freshener.

I'm sooo gonna go try the macaroons at Nathalie's Gourmet Studio soon.

Hazeman says:

FAR-KING small!! It's my first time eating a macaroon after I read about it in "the Doll House" and on AFC. Okay, BAD first impression.

Its like eating hardened-cotton candy-with-cream in between. I mean why do people overrate this stuff on their food blogs anyways? Sheesh.

*But the people at Whisk are super nice! I like their hospitality.

P/S: Dont bring your boyfriends here. Not a guy spot.

Fatin says:

By the time we got to the store, it was almost closing time. The shop owners were kind enough to allow us to sit in and specially extended their closing time to accommodate us which was really sweet of them.

Since it was closing time, there weren't many flavours to choose from. We picked out the lemon, rose, chocolate and lavender macaroons. As Nadal mentioned, the size of the macaroons are rather small for RM 2. They're about the puny size of 20 cent coins, too small to bite twice, and just...NOT big enough for sharing.

The shell of the macaroons in Whisk were too soft and didn't have the crispy-fall-apart-with-a-bite texture that macaroon shells are expected to have. However, the sweetness of the shells were not overwhelming. To me, shell-uncrispy-ness aside, the rose macaroon tasted a lot like antibiotics. The lemon macaroon had a nice sour tang that complimented the sweet shell well and the chocolate macaroon was so-so...nothing fantastic to be honest. I didn't taste the lavender macaroon as I'm wary of having something that's normally in my air freshener in my food.

Personally, I found the macaroons at Whisk rather disappointing after all the rave I've heard about it. I HAVE tasted better, but I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and revisit them during the day to maybe get the chance to try other flavours.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com